Workplace Options (WPO) received a request from a multinational company undergoing a global restructuring at 14 locations spanning nine countries. Evidence indicates that organizational changes involving restructuring cause stress, anxiety, and trigger multiple emotional issues.
Knowing that restructuring leads to broad scope workplace disruption, the HR Team reached out to WPO to assist with developing a plan to support the workforce. WPO arranged a consultation call with participants including a WPO Incident Manager and representatives from the HR team. The resulting implementation plan included the following components:
- Assistance with all communication to the workforce
- Logistics to cover each of the 14 locations
- Information on stress triggers, general anxiety and emotional issues caused by restructuring
- Advice to managers on delivering news of restructuring to all staff, those affected, and those remaining
- Actions focused on providing emotional and practical support to the workforce